Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WMSC#75-Dessert Buffet Labels and a First


This is a first for me today.  For the very first time, I have planned my Christmas Eve menu, not around what my families favorite foods are, or even my favorite things to cook.  Today I planned my menu around my stamps!  Let me explain.  On Christmas Eve, I always host my whole family for a Dessert Buffet.  I usually make six or seven mini versions of their favorite sweets and choose them based on what they like to eat the most.  This year, though, the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #75 has asked up to create a trio of placecards for our holiday dinner.  I decided to make my placecards be all about the desserts I plan to serve at my buffet.  Waltzingmouse has lots of yummy and elegant holiday stamps, so I chose my menu based on the stamps I wanted to use for this challenge, and luckily, they are all delicious desserts too.  My family will not be disappointed.
Here is a picture of the placecard trio:


To make my placecards I used a round tag diecut from a very bright and shiny silver cardstock.  I also cut a Spellbinder Fancy Tag Trio and embossed it with red glitter embossing powder and an image from Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases.  It fits perfectly with the Fancy Tag die.  I used some glittery stockers to spell out the dessert name.  The tag was adhered to a red Spellbinder Ironworks diecut.  I stamped and cut out a cute trio of holly leaves from Festive Foliage and tucked it inside the Fancy Tag.  Each card has a special little embellishment added to the holly leaves. 

A silver pinecone and holly berries from Festive Foliage on the Creme Brulee placecard,


 glittery candy canes from Candy Jar Fillers on the Peppermint Fudge placecard,



and lastly, a sweet little gingerbread man with red sparkly buttons also from Candy Jar Fillers on the Gingerbread Trifle placecard.


 I added a saddle-stitch bow and glittery silver snowflake as a final embellishment.  I am not exactly sure what else I am going to serve, but I have enough cute Waltzingmouse images to suit just about anything I can dream up.  Won't they look pretty Christmas Eve on my buffet table with a beautiful red tablecloth and lots of pretty candles?  I am really looking forward to it!

18 comments:

Joyce said...

These are so amazing. If this doesn't get Carly into stamping, then I don't know what will. How clever to use that tag sale die as the base (I think that is what you did?) I want to come to your house and eat dessert on Christmas eve! The menu so far looks amazing. I think more menus should be planned around stamp sets.

Diane Jaquay said...

These are DARLING!!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooooh!!! These look so yummy! I love the bright red, and all the fab details.... the sparkly candy canes, the gems, the glitter... GORGEOUS! Your menu looks Delicious!

Renee said...

I'm coming to your house...
Desserts!! :)
These look as yummy as I know the desserts will!
Love the silver and red...
and those images...
such a perfectly creative take on the challenge...
love them!
And you're right...
I need those dies!!

anya said...

Ok seriously. A dessert buffet? That has got to be the BEST idea I have ever heard! Cathy, these cards are so beautiful - you have included such amazing details from the glittered letters to the different coordinating images with each. How lovely is the holly and the candy canes? Borrowing this idea! So glad you joined us again this week, its great to see you play along with the WMSC!

Marybeth said...

Wow! I think I say wow every time I visit your blog Cathy. These are just gorgeous, very rich, elegant, bright,and festive. Love every detail!

Kim Heggins said...

ok, what time will dessert be served? These are just soooo beautiful and elegant and I really want to come for dessert. If your desserts are as good as your tags are adorable, you can bake for me anytime.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous name cards, and your puds sound delicious! Love the fancy tags and the shimmery goodness.

Kara said...

Yum!! great labels for your dessert table!!

Carla said...

very good idea! and make you it all by yourself? I would I belong to your family with that dessert, I like sweets. Love from Holland.

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh goodie, is there room for one more? I LOVE dessert...this just might be my dream menu! These are spectacularly sweet, Cathy! I love the glittery titles and the cute stamped images to match. The die cuts are perfectly festive! If your cooking is as good as your stamping, then your family is in for a TREAT...well, LOTS of them! LOVE THESE!

Teresa Kline said...

so cute, luv the layering and die cuts...hope you have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Monica K. said...

Not only are they all beautiful, but the desserts sound delicious too!! Your family is very lucky to have such yummy treats to look forward to. The shimmer silver and red together are a striking combination! Lovely work!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I'd love the creme brulee seat!! :) What a wonderful idea for the challenge and I love those glittery letters!! Great job, Cathy!!

Jean Martin said...

I'm loving this! What a great idea! And all that gorgeous layering!!! Thanks for playing with us at WMSC! :)

Savitri said...

Oh, fun!! I LOVE creme brule ;) Thanks for playing with us at WMSC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Cathy! ALL of these are adorable! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

What bright and pretty place markers Cathy!