Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Enjoy the Ride Thank You

I used my wonderful stamp set I got in the Christmas Swap from Keva last week. I had wanted to own Enjoy the Ride for a long time, but never got around to buying it as there is always so many new sets I want from the new releases every month, but I love this set. I made a little thank you card for Keva to show her how much I appreciated her thoughtful gift. Since she should have the card by now, I decided to post it. I used some Green Boutique patterned paper for the car and stamped the little word "friend" onto the license plate. The card is layered on Mat Stack #3 which is embossed with the linen impression plate onto Hawaiian Shore cardstock. The card layer is Aqua Mist stamped with a Damask Design background in Fresh Snow Ink. I used a doily and some twine that matches Hawaiian Shore paper perfectly. A couple of little white buttons serve as the headlights. I am loving these 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 cards lately. This was a very fun card to make.

3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Cathy, this is FABULOUS! The car fits perfectly in that Mat Stack, and I love the paper you used for the car! Love the doily and the bakers twine too! I'm going to have to case this one for sure ;)

Karen C. said...

Ahh... this is so sweet. The flowery pattern on the card is really fun and he colour scheme is so pretty too. The Mat Stack 3 die is on Christmas wish list, and I'm really looking forward to using it - it seems to fit so many styles and stamped images.

Angy said...

This is so cute! I love how the car fits perfectly on the Mat Stack. Great idea, Now I am going to have to break that set out and use it again. Thanks for reminding me about what was in my stash!