Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Clean and Simple Baby

Today I decided to make a clean and simple baby card. To me, clean and simple means minimal colors, layers and "extras". I chose enchanted evening and hibiscus burst as my colors for both ink and paper. I love the little bee with the dotted trail from baby button bits. I stamped the bee directly onto a hibiscus burst paper layer and adhered it to the enchanted evening card base. I stamped a few stars around the bee and added the button and some small blue rhinestones to the antennae. For the sentiment strip, I matted a piece of the pink paper which had been stamped with the small bitty dots from Polka Dot Basics. The "Congratulations" sentiment is from Inside/Out Baby. The inside of the card also has a sentiment from Inside/Out baby. I absolutely love that I don't have to try and think up what to say on the inside of the card with this stamp set. I hope PTI makes more sets like this for other special occasions.

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cute! I love that little bee, and the stars add a very nice touch :)

Monica K. said...

Cute card! :) Love the pink and the blue together!

BethieJ said...

Very cute! That bee is DARLING!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! Love the color combo! :)