Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

CASology #114: Flutter

It has been For-Ev-Er since I played along with CASology and their fun word cue challenges...but this week (#114) I just had to.  I didn't even have to take time to think what the cue word meant to me...I just KNEW!

Flutter.  Just a couple of days ago my son Andy and his wife Ashley came over and showed us the first ultrasound of their baby due in April.  The ultrasound very clearly showed the fluttering of the baby's heartbeat.  It was such a relief to see and it made every one of us so happy.  Here's the card I made inspired by the ultrasound:
I don't know that their baby is going to be a girl, but since our son Matt and his wife Katie are having our first grandson in November, I am going to pretend that Andy's baby is a girl...at least until I know otherwise!  A grandson and a grandaughter, wouldn't that be perfect?

I used Top Dog Dies Onesie Card Die and Onesie Card Finisher Dies along with a little heartbeat cut with my silhouette.  I am going to give this to my mom along with a copy of the ultrasound...just a fun way to show off her latest great grandchild.  This was such a fun cue word...what does Flutter mean to you?

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

CONGRATS on your second grandchild on the way Cathy...how did I miss that LOL!!! This is adorable and what a PERFECT take on the cue word...and the ultrasound!

Deepti said...

That is such a thoughtful take :) love it and congrats !!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is so amazing. It has everything--the adorable onsie, that heart beat and heart. Your mom is going to love it. And, if the baby turns out to be a boy, it will be a great family story about how he started out as a girl. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Sharron said...

Oh, how exciting--another grandbaby! And it would be fun if it was a girl but also great if it's a boy and can play with a cousin who's close to his age. Your card is so adorable. Love everything you make with the onesie die!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Cathy, you really work magic with die cuts!!! This is supremely ADORABLE!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy this is so totally an original! So sweet, thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute and so stinkin' sweet! What a fabulous way to get inspiration for your card...I love it.

Alanna said...

This is such a cute card. I love the little heart with the line going through it.

What a great take on the cue word.

Nora Noll said...

How cute is this? I love the embossing on the onsie and that cute heart with the little line. Fabulous take on the challenge!!

Melissa said...

First, congratulations on such wonderful news!!! News of a new baby always makes my own heart flutter! :)
Love this little onesie card and the little heartbeat image you added to it! Absolutely adorable!!!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Cathy, this is adorable! Love the embossing on the onesie and that heartbeat is so cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Marybeth said...

I love it! Hope its a girl for you but of course two boys would be wonderful!
This is about as creative as its gets Cathy... brilliant and so adorable .... just perfect for the occasion.
I can still fill your anticipation and now for two!!!