Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Four of a Kind - August with Renee


Edit:  Make sure to read all the way to the bottom, both Joyce and Kim are celebrating their blogaversary and have blog candy up for grabs.  
August 16th...time for another edition of Four of a Kind, this month's hostess is Renee Lynch of It's a Patchwork Life.  No surprise here...Renee sent a fabulous kit for us to use this month, lots and lots of goodies from Sewing Box Hugs by Waltzingmouse Stamps and patterned papers by Lily Bee Designs, Double Dutch collection.  Sewing Box Hugs is a set I own and is my very favorite of all my Waltzingmouse stamps.  I use it all the time, love the cute stitched images.  Here is a picture of the kit that Renee sent to Joyce, Kim and I.

For my first card, I used the the cute Lil Inker Bow Die, the little brown paper sack and gingham hearts from the kit.
Sewing Box Hugs Heart Waltzingmouse Stamps
The background is embossed with PTI's Polka Dot impression plate, love the bright cheery colors on this one.

My second card uses the gingham stars and Lil Inker Texture Plate Collection, Frame One.
Sewing Box Hugs Star Waltzingmouse Stamps
Isn't that a great embossing folder?  I love the texture the woodgrain and polka dots around the inside of the frame adds to a very simple card.

My last card is my favorite of the three.
Sewing Box Hugs Flower Waltzingmouse Stamps
I used the gingham flowers, branch, leaves and cute sentiment that Renee sent us. She also sent the pearls and the ribbon, I didn't have to use one thing of my own except the cardbase.  Such a fun card to make.

Don't you think Renee did a great job with our August kit?  September is my turn to play hostess and I have just about got my kit all ready to go, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Make sure you check out the cards that Joyce, Kim and Renee made with their August kit.  I am sure they will blow you away with their creativity and imagination.
                                                                      Joyce (Don't forget to check for prizes on her blog)
                                                                    Kim (Don't forget to check for prizes on her blog)
Renee          

17 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Sweet, sweet cards! Love that first one with the envelope and little hi tag the most I think, but it's a close call.

Renee said...

You did awesome!!
I love the star one...
of course I also love that frame...
and you wouldn't know it because I forgot to use it! :(
But love the flowers...
those flowers were made for gingham...
that's what I want to use with them every time!
Such fabulous cards, Cathy...
I love them!! :)

June K said...

Lovely cards, Cathy. The second one would make an adorable 4th of July card.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your cards! Love the bow and bag on the first one and the embossed frame and simple elegance of the star card! And oh those sweet flowers on the third! All so pretty...I just love sewing box hugs so much!!! Great job with this lovely kit!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy all of your cards are so pretty. That envelope on your first card work so well with the theme of this kit. Renee did a fabulous job with the kit.

Kara said...

gorgeous!! still love that lil inker bow so much every time i see it!

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love all the different colors and prints she put in the kit.

Joyce said...

You did such a great job. I love all of your cards. I made more, but you clearly put more time into each of your cards. Great for me--I think I have enough leftovers to CASE you on leftover month. I was totally stumped on that bow and I love what you did with it. I think my favorite is your last card, too.

Jeanne J. said...

The clean and simple you is Back in full force! Love the clean look to all your cards. The images take center stage and all that color really packs a punch! Beautiful Cathy!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, all three of your cards are amazing...so beautiful. I tried to figure a way to use that little paper sack and now I have an idea...thanks a bunch! My favorite card is your last one, those yellow gingham flowers with the year polka dot, so smart and that blue just makes those flowers pop right off your card.

Suzanne said...

One of my favorite WMS sets! I love them all Cathy!!!

Sharron said...

Renee's kit is AMAZING and I know you must have really enjoyed playing with this one!! Your flower card really is gorgeous--my favorite too! Love how you combined the patterns and gingham flowers are just the best. Great design and colors with the stars in the frame and I love the bow on the sack! Those bows just add the sweetest touch!

Anonymous said...

Great cards. Love the colours. Love the flowers. Thanks.

Marybeth said...

Yes, I do think Renee did a wonderful job on her kit. And you did a wonderful job using it. Your cards turned out beautiful and I like them all… but I think my very favorite is the one with the star and the Lil inkers frame. Sorry I am so late in commenting , just got home. You alway do a great job with this set.. Its one of your favorites, right!

Kathy Mc said...

Cathy, you did a SUPER job with Renee's awesome kit! Glad I don't have to pick a favorite because I really like them all. Amazes me how you each come up with such different ideas using the same productss. Love the first card using the lunch sack. Of course, your 2nd card makes me think of the USA, 4th of July (great for OWH) or honoring our troops. Another fabulous 4 of a Kind!

joy said...

All of these are so cute! Just discovered your 4 of a kind group - what a fun group this must be! I love the little "stitches" on the images. My favorite is the star with the button in the middle -- I like how you embossed the back ground paper!

bjmartin said...

Four-of-a-kind looks like so much fun! Your cards are fabulous - especially love the gingham hearts!