Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Fall, Through the Window

I guess I should have said "Fall, Looking through the window" as no one is falling on this card, but these last few days I have been daydreaming about Fall.  It is so very hot here in CA, and is very much still Summer, but I can dream of warm days, crisp, cool nights and leaves starting to fall from the trees.
Here is the scene I have been dreaming of:
Serendipity Stamps Bare Tree Madison Grand Window Die
Behind the Madison Grand Window diecut from Poppy Stamps, I used Serendipity Stamps (Bare Tree) image, stamping off the ink for the first tree to make it look a little further away  Since this is a Fall card, I added some splotches of Fall colors using re-inkers and an aqua pen, just enough so it looks as though the trees still have a few leaves left on them.  The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny, Forever Fall Collection.  The bottom half of the card is embossed with a Darice striped embossing folder to look like wainscoting.  I added a Spellbinder label with a Serendipity sentiment (Everyday Words, small horizontal set).  The finishing touch is a pine bough swag punched with a Martha Stewart punch in Fall colors.  The boughs are tied up with a button and some jute twine.  This card is going to go to my Dad who has a Fall birthday.  If you would like to make a Fall card of your own using these stamps, make sure to check out the Serendipity store. 




16 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Cathy, I've been dreaming of Fall, too :) And hahaha, I love your little talk of the title...I didn't even think of falling through the window! The coors are beautiful, and I love that neat fall foliage hanging above the window.

Barbara said...

This is a lovely card Cathy.

Marybeth said...

Im with you, I cant wait for the fall. Your card is a perfect fall card. Love the scene you have created. I never would have thought to use polka dots,perfect. Love the above the window treatment, and the way you stamped the sentiment. The font is beautiful .Enjoy your new DT title. Im so happy for you!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. I really love the scene you created, especially what you did with those trees. I think I am ready for fall, too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy this is such a gorgeous card. Your papers, die cute and stamping are incredible. I love fall too!

Sharron said...

It's actually a little more like Fall here today--and we're getting rain! Yeah!! Love your fabby Fall scene--the papers are wonderful and those trees--love them with the touch of color! I'm loving seeing your Serendipity creations!

Unknown said...

Fab card Id love to see your take on all 4 seasons in the same style.

Helen Berry said...

Amazing card Cathy- absolutely beautiful autumn trees through that gorgeous window! Great papers too ;)

Suzanne said...

SO beautiful, Cathy! I love the patterned paper, and how you've used the colors in the foliage above that window.

Pauline said...

This is lovely Cathy, a great autumnal scene!

Kristen :-) said...

This card has me hoping for fall! It's absolutely beautiful!

Renee said...

Can you tell how far behind I am?
Why aren't there more hours in the day?!!!
Cathy this is gorgeous!!
The papers are perfectly fall...
and I love this scene you have created outside the window!!
I'm hoping to see this scene out my window within the next month or so...
and cool nights...
I love cool nights!!
But no snow.
I'm not a winter person!! :(
We had just have fall for 4 months and then go into Spring! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Ok, now I am really for fall. What an amazing card, so beautiful and those colors just stunning. I love that tree stamp too, need to go and check that one out.

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! Gorgeous Cathy - love the scene you created (and another stamp I don't have!) The trees are beautiful! I love the clever leaves you added for color. Beautiful!

Susan said...

This is beautiful! I love autumn and this card is making me anxious for it to start. Especially after our 100 degrees plus summer.

I haven't been blog hopping in a very long time. Now that the girls are back in school I hope to visit you more often. :) xo

Amy Kolling said...

This is one of the prettiest autumn cards I've seen! It's absolutely stunning! The details you added in like the fall leaves and the button/pine bough adorning the window are perfect!