Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas - August with Kim

It is time for our 8th edition of The 12 Kits of Christmas club.  This month's hostess was Kim Heggins of Cupcakes, Cards & Kim who sent identical kits of card ingredients to the 12 cardmakers in our club.   I was lucky enough to receive my kit the day before I went on vacation and had the pleasure of making 3 cards with the great kit while I was enjoying the beautiful Montana weather.  Here is a picture of the kit ingredients we all received from Kim:
Photo courtesy of Kara
Just look at those beautiful colors...so different from the traditional red and green.  This month is also different because the stamps are digital...and she sent a lot of them!
My first card is actually my favorite of the bunch even though it took almost no time to complete!
Serendipity Stamps Ornament Die

I used some pink shimmer paper along with the silver "Holiday" diecut Kim sent us.  The beautiful ornament is from Serendipity Stamps (Ornament Die) and is just so beautiful cut from the silver paper.  The pink ribbon is from Kim's kit.  The edges of the card were cut with a Spellbinder edgability die.  I am anxious to try this same card using light blue shimmer paper.  I think that would look really pretty with the silver ornament and words.

My second card was also an easy card to make...Kim's kit made it very easy!
Since I was on vacation, I had limited dies with me, but I did have PTI's Label Basics, so paired it with the cute shoe and holly image.  I used the embossed white panel, pink ribbon and pearls that Kim sent in our kit.  Love those shoes...doubt I could walk in them though!

My last card started out as one thing and ended up as another.
Originally there was a whole piece of cardstock with the great mittens at the top, but of course I messed up the sentiment and had to cut out the mitten image and piece it on top...same idea, just not a single layer card as I had originally envisioned.  I used the jingle bells and Holiday diecut Kim sent us along with a little twine I happened to have with me.

Kim put together a fabulous kit...ready to see what the other 11 people in our group have come up with?  I am sure that by the time you look at all of these great holiday cards, this is going to be your new favorite holiday color scheme too!

Suzanne:  thecardyard
Jeanne: AKeptLife

Details:  Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Design, Winterland
              Digital Images:  Pink Petticoat
              Wonderful Word Holiday Dies, PTI
               Cuttlebug Folder, Snowflakes
               Serendipity Stamps, Ornament Die


13 comments:

Joyce said...

Wonderful cards, Cathy. I can't believe you made them all on vacation. The card with the mittens is just darling. I have a thing for mittens, you know. I also love that shiny ornament you made. Works perfectly with that sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Love your Serendipity ornament die, it looks great with the die Kim sent. Hit myself in the head…. I didn't even think to add another word to the die Kim sent. (greetings) Love the layout and pearls for the fancy shoe card. I had to laugh at what you said about how the last one started out and ended up, I did that too. Well, it all worked out. Love the bells with the twine you had. Great job Cathy!

The Paper Parade said...

Cathy, I never would have known you messed up on the mittens card, I actually love how it turned out! The different patterned paper below is the perfect touch :) I love that bow at the top with the bells and twine, too! That ornament goes perfectly with the shining holiday sentiment on the first. I love how the dot of the "i" is a rhinestone and how the ribbon from the ornament reaches off the top of the card. And that shoe steals the show on the second. Love the added pearls!

Barbara said...

Hi Cathy,
All of your cards are so festive. The shiny ornament and holiday, those sparkly shoes and sweet mittens.

Kara said...

that ornament die is amazing!! love the large mittens...i got small ones:) great cards!!

Renee said...

I LOVE that ornament!!
It's so fabulous in silver..
perfect!! :)
And the mittens...
I didn't get that paper...
and I'm totally loving it!
May have to just go buy a couple fo these pads for myself because I think you're right...
I'm so in love with these colors for the holidays...
and I'm a traditional girl! :)
Fabulous kit...
fabulous cards!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All gorgeous Cathy, I love how you used the shiny paper.

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy... I'm like... WOW!!! Pick up jaw from desk.... First - your ornament card - the fancy cut bottom, the pretty stain bow, ALL THAT SILVER!!! So elegant and special! The next withthe fancy shoe - Stunning - love the strip of ribbon with the pearls and the embossing - GLAMOUROUS... And last the card with the mittens - looks more casual with the twine and the bells. You achieved three completely different looks and they are all PERFECT!

Sharron said...

Wow, Cathy--all three are fabulous! That ornament in silver is stunning! Love all the silver on pink! And your shoe is so pretty. I got that same image and didn't color the shoe. Now i think I will go back and add a little rose color! Love how yours looks. And your last mitten card is so adorable. Love those sweet mittens in the soft colors--so cute with the twine & bells!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, these are so beautiful but my favorite has to be the one with that shoe and the way you colored it is so stunning and I would love to have a pair just like that! I love what you did with the mittens, just too clever and that twine with the jingle bells, so sweet and adorable. Wow, that shiny ornament is so stunning as well and looks perfect with the pink ribbon on top. All of your cards are fabulous!

Christina said...

Yours cards are so beautiful, Cathy! That silver paper is amazing--I'll have to get some before the holidays. :) Love that darling shoe image with the pearl accent! And I'm so jealous of those mittens and the damask paper, but I love seeing the different patterns each of us got in our kits. Thanks for the inspiration this month!

Suzanne said...

Cathy, the silver diecut ornament is stunning! It steals the show in this whole post, but all of your cards are beautiful! I love the twine on the last card, and the ribbon strip on the second.

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Carhy! I agree, that first card is gorgeous! That intricate ornament with the silvery paper is incredible! I also wouldn't have known you "messed up" on the mitten card but it looks great cut along the edge if the mittens and then layered on another paper! Hope you enjoyed your vacation!