Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge


Happy New Year and welcome to the very first Fusion Card Challenge of 2014!  Yes, you heard it right...the Fusion Card Challenge is back in business and with some new design team members, myself included.  Here's a list of the designers who will be doing their best to inspire you during the new year.

If you aren't familiar with Fusion challenges, all you have to do is tune in every other Thursday to see the inspiration photo or sketch and all the different projects made by the design team.  You then put your thinking cap on and make something based on either the inspiration photo, the sketch, or mix them all together to create Fusion!  You will love that you can use any stamps or dies you want, any style you want, anything at all!  We also will love to see scrapbook pages based on the current challenge.  You can let your creativity be your guide.  The challenge lasts for two weeks, ending every Tuesday at noon, PST and the winners will be revealed just an hour before the next week's challenge goes live on Thursdays.  Easy, right?  Ready to see your first challenge? 
 Here is the challenge for January 2, 2014.

January 2, 2014

For this first challenge I decided to mix up the photo and the sketch to create a little bit of Fusion  Here's my card:

I was inspired by the beautiful colors and patterns in the photo.  I especially loved the pillow with the quatrefoil pattern.  I found a quatrefoil cut file in the Silhouette store and made that the focal point of my card and the overall design is based on this week's sketch.  I found some patterned paper that looked similar to the orange pillow and filled in three of the areas to represent the circles in the sketch.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse stamps (Folk Art Medallion).

Enough from me...time for you to get busy and play along with the Fusion Card Challenge.  Remember, you have until Tuesday, January 14th (Noon, PST) to enter.  I can't wait to see what you all create!

22 comments:

Alanna said...

This is beautiful.

Julia Aston said...

Love that cut out background Cathy - the pretty patterned papers you used - and the sparkly gems!

Deepti said...

I love how you played with colors and sketch on ur card. The cut out background looks great :)

Joyce said...

Oh, my. Your very first Fusion Challenge as a designer, and you have totally knocked it out of the park. This is absolutely gorgeous and creative. I just love it. the Quatrefoil is such an elegant shape, and I love how you just filled in three of them. Fabulous color scheme, too.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...congrats on your first Fusion Challenge as one of their amazing designers! Your card is amazing, simply amazing. I love how you used the cover plate and those colors are so you! Love your card and congrats again!

Lynn said...

I love how you used the silhouette cuts...a 100% gorgeous card!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Cathy, I love pretty shapes.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS debut card Joyce, this is just beautiful!! Love the trio of patterned pieces!

SmilynStef said...

What a creative take on the design and sketch ... love those gems.

Geri said...

So pretty and absolutely PERFECT inspiration for the challenge, Cathy! Creative and LOVELY!!!

Sharron said...

Wow, your first design and it's SO amazing! The cover plate is fantastic and the patterned paper & gems just perfect!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love, love how you filled in three of the design with that fabulous DP. That was ingenious!

Jeanne J. said...

Big congratulations to you Cathy and so well deserved! Love your take on the challenge and how you incorporated the quatrefoil design. The gems are just enough bling to satisfy! Looking forward to great things in 2014!

Lyndal said...

Fab quatrefoil file, love the filled windows!! Gorgeous card Cathy.

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations again for Fusion and gorgeous card, I love the quatrefoil! Happy New Year my friend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your DT position! So well deserved! I love playing at the Fusion challenge! Your card is beautiful! Love the fancy quarterfoil background! Hope you are having a great New Year!

AB. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the mix of the mosaics against the brocade background pattern. It is lovely! xx

Marybeth said...

Wonderful job with your very first Fusion DT card! Congrats again to you Cathy! How exciting !
Hope to get a card in soon.

Jennifer said...

Love that quatrefoil background, just gorgeous. Thanks for leaving me some love today, your comments were so sweet!

Kelly Griglione said...

Please forgive my tardiness, Cathy, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your Fusion card. I loved the quatrefoil on the pillow too and was tempted to go that route. So glad you did, as it turned out lovely! Love the brown you added, and how the three elements aren't perfectly lined up above the sentiment.

karen h said...

Wonderful card! What a great mix of patterns!