Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jingle Joy

Happy Saturday!  It is such a beautiful day here...sunny, yet cool enough to want to spend time outdoors.  My husband and I are going on a bike ride today, the first for me in quite a while so I expect to be plenty sore by the time we are done.  I wanted to pop in and share a card I made last night using some of Lil' Inker's new release dies.  I have been wanting to use their jingle bells on a card as soon as I saw them.  They are so realistic and when you add glitter...watch out, you have yourself a shiny and sparkly card where you can practically hear the bells jingle.  Here's my card:
Lots and lots of Lil' Inker on this card, I brought out everything I had and just started choosing elements that would go together.  First, the striped frame is one I cut using Stitched Mat Square dies.  Then I cut an Instant Camera Die and and used patterned paper to add a little interest in the colors I was working with.  I cut five jingle bells from Christmas Bit Die Set and ran them through my xyron and coated them in different colors of glitter.  

Aren't the bells realistic?  I strung the bells on some jute twine and added those cute bows, also from Christmas Bits Die Set.  The final touch was the cute die cut sentiment...Joy Word Die, also from Lil' Inker.  I know I sound like an infomercial for Lil' Inker today, but that's what happens when you have so much to work with!  Hope you all have a fun day with a little time to get "crafty" and also time to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather.  Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!




I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge...Anything Goes.

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic and festive Cathy. I love the glitter and twine! I need to used my new dies this week too.

Joyce said...

This is so fabulous. I love all the cute dies you used--those little bows are darling, and I love your patterned paper. But, I must say that those jingle bells totally steal the show with all that glitter.

Jingle said...

This is very cute! I love the jinglebells! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...those bells do look real and what a card, just so festive and makes me want to sing a chores of Jingle Bell Rock! Your fabulous layers are amazing and that paper is fun.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh this is so fun Cathy! I love the collage look the fun string of glittery jingle bells is awesome - especially that one flipped up like they are ringing.