Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Christina!

Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of the sweetest people I know...Christina MacLaren of SeaGlass Papercrafts.  I have come to know Christina through our 12 Kits of Christmas and then 12 Kits of Occasions group.  Christina is not only a fabulous card maker, but she always leaves the most heartfelt and sincere comments on my blog, the kind of comments that make you feel good all day!  Joyce of Cards by the Sea has once again organized a birthday blog hop for Christina and I am hoping she will enjoy all of the cards her friends have made for her today.
I have been wanting to make a card using my new Serendipity Owl die with a Fall birthday theme.  Christina's special day was all the incentive I needed.  Isn't that the most detailed owl die cut?  I perched him on the Impression Obsession Bare Branch with leaves cut from Fall patterned papers.  The sentiment is also from Serendipity (Everyday Words, large) and the background layer is a Spellbinder die.

Make sure to stop by Christina's blog and wish her a Happy Birthday...here's a link to all of other crafters who have made cards to wish Christina happiness on her special day.



17 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Such a wonderful autumn birthday card! That owl is so beautiful sitting on the tree branch all decked out in fall colors! So very beautiful! :)

Christina said...

Oh, Cathy, that owl is amazing! And what a gorgeous use of the fall colors--those patterned leaves are so pretty with the pearl accents. Thank you so much for helping me to celebrate my birthday, and for your sweet words. This is a wonderful surprise. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you!

Kara said...

Wow! That owl is so striking! Such an awesome fall birthday card!

Marybeth said...

Wow, Cathy! Look at all those beautiful die cuts on the pretty fall birthday card! I am sure Christina will love this one.

Marjolein said...

Love the detailed owl.
I've seen it on Marybeths blog too and this owl is just perfect!
Love the colors too, gives me such a great autumn feel!
I love autumn and winter!
Bye,

Marjolein

Darnell said...

This is layered and patterned opulence, Cathy! It is incredibly gorgeous with all the details you have meticulously applied. Wowza! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

What a fabulous card. I love how you used that owl and all those wonderful fall colors. I am so happy that I have that owl, too (wink, wink). He looks fabulous as a two-toned guy.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy you are a die cut genius, this is fabulous and I see that Christina just loves it!

Jeanne J. said...

Holy cow! That owl looks amazing! Love the bright colors and all the die cuts! What a gorgeous fall birthday card Cathy!! Jealous again!

Sharron said...

What a fabulous card! Love all the die cuts and the gorgeous fall colors. That owl is so wonderful and very cool in orange & brown.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty autumn birthday card!!

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen F. said...

Cathy, this Owl die is fabulous! You created such a beautiful and unique birthday card for Christina

BethieJ said...

WOW this is STUNNING! I LOVE that owl! So PRETTY!! What a LOVELY card!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
Have a GREAT day!!!

Karen Amidon said...

Cathy, sounds like you and Christina are both blessed to have one another as a friend. Love how you used the owl die on the birthday card. The branches and leaves are the perfect touch. Fabulous! Thanks for your sweet words!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one stunning birthday card, that owl is simply amazing.

Renee said...

All the gorgeous fall colors...
I know she loves it!!
And that die IS detailed perfectly...
so has Joyce ordered it up yet? :)