Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

If the broom fits...

Is that not the funniest sentiment?  My kids are all grown now and I am still waiting for some grandchildren so I can make lots of cute or scary Halloween cards.  The only Halloween cards I send now are to my adult friends where Boo or Trick or Treat don't really fit, so I was very excited when Lil' Inker came out with Bats and Broomsticks.  This set is cute enough for young ones, but has some really great adult sentiments as well.  Here is the card I made for one of my co-workers.

Isn't this witch scaled perfectly for the Poppy Stamps Grand Madison Window die? I think I have made a card using this window die for just about every holiday there is.  There is not much that doesn't look good outside that detailed window.   I used Authentique patterned papers (Thrilling Collection)...thanks Jeanne for sending it to me along with some black and orange ribbon, and that cat?   It's from Poppy Stamps (Sitting Cat).  Nothing like a black cat sitting in the window sill on Halloween watching the witches flying by.  The friend I am giving this card to has a black cat just like it, so I'm pretty sure she will enjoy this card.

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy this is fantastic, I love the patterned paper a lot. I ordered the witch, can't wait.

Sharron said...

Wow, love all that fun paper and that great sentiment! The witch behind the window looks spooky awesome! The paper behind her is perfect!

Joyce said...

Well, this is just fabulous. I love how you mixed and matched those patterned papers. You are right about that big window die--I should pull it out more. Your witch is fabulous, and the cat is a super cute touch. That sentiment is the best.

Renee said...

It's fantastic...
I love that cat sitting in the window...
the perfect finishing touch!
And isn't that paper incredible...
might have a pad or 2 around here somewhere! ;)

Marybeth said...

So fun to see a window card from you Cathy… Its been a while. Love the witch and of course the cat is made for you and this window. Gorgeous papers too.

Julia Aston said...

Ohhh- love your fun 'wall paper' patterns Cathy! and that great witch behind the window with Kitty looking out totally unconcerned!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautifully spooky. I just adore these windows and what a great look you have with this Halloween card with your silhouette witch and the cat sitting on sill is a perfect touch.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy you always have such a fabulous way with anything Halloween! I love this and that witch is just so perfect behind that window...and that cat, just spooky enough.

Jeanne J. said...

Eeek! I love her in the window flying by and the wonderful mix of patterns and paper! You always do Halloween perfectly Cathy!