Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions: August with Kara and a Birthday Theme!

It's the last day of the month and time for the August edition of our 12 Kits of Occasion blog hop.  This month our hostess is Kara of K and R Designs and the monthly theme is birthdays!  Kara outdid herself with her jam-packed kit...here's a peek at the kit she sent us:


Look at all that birthday fun...and did you see the cute WPlus9 stamp set she also sent us?  Kara was so generous to us and she is going to be equally as generous to you too...That great stamp set is going to be given away to one lucky person who leaves a comment on KARA'S BLOG.  Here the link again in case you missed it up above:  K and R Designs
Here's what I made this month!
 This is my favorite...love the black/white paper and those cute pink shaded flowers.



This one is going to my birthday girl niece turning four in September.

Now that you have seen mine...head over the the  12 Kits of Occasions blog for more details about Kara's giveaway...don't forget to leave a comment on her blog!

Thank you Kara for a really fun birthday themed month!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Love these bright, happy cards Cathy!

Kimberly Rendino said...

Great cards!! Love th kit you had to work with. My favorite is the sand as yours....the black with the flowers just pops! :)

Kara said...

Love all of your cards. So many different fun ideas. Love the floating balloons. Love the #4 card with the arrow and highlighted number. Awesome!

Kristie W. said...

All wonderful cards! I, too, love the first one best. Great striped background with the pops of bright flowers.

Deepti said...

You know I'll always make a trip to your blog when u r up with the card kit post :) it is loaded with inspiration, love all the cards

Lisa Elton said...

Cute happy cards Cathy!!

Jeanne J. said...

What a fun post Cathy! I love all the bright color and designs. My fave here/ Has to be the very first with the striking b & w striped background, and the pop of pink from the flowers! Beautiful!!

Marybeth said...

Cathy I love what you did with the kit! You used the edges in fun ways....Love that #4 card.... really cute idea!
Hope you are doing well, we missed you the other day.

Joyce said...

Amazing job on the cards this time. You used all the things that stumped me, so I am definitely going to be CASing you. Love how you used those papers with the edges. I think my favorite is the card for your 4 year old niece. How fun that it is special just for her.

Nancy Penir said...

Fun and happy cards for a happy birthday theme! How could you help it with such fun elements? Love them all Cathy, especially the bd card to your niece. Adorable!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing collection of cards Cathy! They are all fabulous, so hard to have a favorite but your first card with that frame is just perfect and so sweet.

Renee said...

I gotta admit that it's my favorite too!
They're all fabulous...
but I just love the dramatic black and white! :)
That happy number card is a close 2nd...
I think a little girl is gonna love it...
it's pink...
it's perfect! :)

Sharron said...

They are gorgeous, Cathy--love them all! Every one just shouts "happy"! You did an awesome job combining colors and patterns. I agree about your first card--my favorite too. The black & white stripes look so great with the pinks.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy beautiful collection of cards. I especially love the second one and the happy happy happy. I think it is cool that you used the balloons separately!! You really have a good eye for design!

The Paper Parade said...

Cathy I just love that second one! What a great idea to spread out that die cut and have the patterned paper in the middle! I'm totally stealing that idea later ;) I also love the number card and how you highlighted the 4. And of course the first flower card is just beautiful!