Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions: February with Renee

As I write this up, we are getting our first little bit of rain in FOR.EV.ER!  Almost feels a little bit like Winter, but when you see our theme this month for the 12 Kits of Occasions, you are really going to feel like Winter.  Renee Lynch of A Patchwork Life is our hostess this month and she sent us a Wintery kit full of snowmen, snow globes, and just about anything to do with the word Snow!  Here's a peek at our kit:
Photo courtesy of Kara
I hope you will zoom in up close to check out all the fabulous ingredients Renee sent us.  I've been playing with them all week and have enough to make at least 3 or 4 more cards without even using a single thing from my own stash.  Here are my cards:
 I always post my favorite card first...I love snow globes and think you can make one for just about any occasion and using almost any stamp or die set.  I added Liquid Applique to the branches, heated them up and created some very puffy snow.  The little birds are a cut file from Silhouette.
This one's totally different, but still snowy in theme.  I went very girly and pink with this one adding just pink copic coloring to the cute snowman scene.  
I loved the vintage patterned paper Renee sent us this month...isn't that the cutest snowman?  I added a tea-stained bit of seam binding and one of the cute gold snowflakes from our kit. I also added a Verve banner in the background that reminded me of candy canes.
This last card was a fun one to make.  I used the plaid patterned paper and used a PTI stitching die to cut stitching lines.  I added some red floss stitching and a cute matching badge that was included in our kit.
Lots of fun this month...and we have a guest designer joining us this month.

Here's a peek at one of her cards.  Please stop by her blog to see what else she made with our Wintery Kit.

Want to see more from the 12 Kits of Occasions group?  Head on over to the 12 Kits of Occasions blog so that you can go around and see what the rest of the team has done with this month's kit.

All the supplies are listed on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog under the tab Monthly Kit Supplies 2014 here.

Thank you Renee for a fabulous and fun February kit!

15 comments:

Alanna said...

Fantastic cards Cathy. I love the one with all the pink.

Joyce said...

These are all just fantastic. Love how you put birds and snow on that tree (wish I thought of that one), and your stitching lines on the plaid paper are a fantastic touch. I can tell you had fun with this kit. And, we still have rain--yay!

Judy1223 said...

Cathy, what else can I say but WOW!!!! I am amazed and in love with all of your cards, all so varied and unique, all amazing! I agree with your choice, my favorite is the snow globe card...wonderful!!! Thanks for your supportive comments at my blog, too, I appreciate every word you wrote!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...you are just amazing!!! I am happy to say that I have plenty of leftovers to case what you have made. Your first card with that snowy tree and red birds in the snow globe, just stunning and then you have the sweet vintage scene all in pink, just adorable! I really love them all...fabulous.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cathy! Lots of clever little things here.. the snow on the branches, the monochromatic pink coloring, the stitched sentiment, and the layered tags! Great job so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic cards Cathy, you girls ALL always do such a great job!

Kara said...

love your cards! that first one just gets me though..oh and the stitching......!!!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh Cathy you did such a beautiful job with this months kit. I didn't even want to post my cards after seeing how adorable your snow globe was last night. Love that PP snowman tag card with the pretty bow too!

Anonymous said...

fabulous cards Cathy! TFS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy I love your cards! You outdid yourself this month. The birds on the snow covered tree inside the snow globe is my favorite--brilliant! Can't stop staring at it! Love your mix of patterns and Ii love how you stitched the LI On the Diagonal! Love them all.

Sharron said...

Amazing designs, Cathy! I fell in love with your snow globe when you first posted it. It is SO amazing! Love the 'snow' on the tree and the glitter on the drifts. The pink is such a fun card. And I adore your vintage card with the wonderful bow and the stitching on the last one.

Kelly S. said...

That snowglobe is incredible! Such amazing details, I just love the snow on the branches. My other fave has got to be the one with the plaid and the stitching! I didn't think I needed that die, but seeing it on your card, it's so fab with the thick red floss through it. That snowman is just perfect with the sweet skaters in the background. Your vintage pink coloring is so unique! A fab touch...incredible winter kit cards for a California gal ;)!!

The Paper Parade said...

Cathy, the woodgrain snowglobe card is beautiful! I love the diagonal snow card with the snowflake at the bottom :) Of course the MFT snowman card is adorable, too. What eye candy this month!

Darnell said...

Simply adorable cards, Cathy! You know I literally swooned over the plaid!! And my next lovie love is your brilliant snow globe scene!! Hugs, Darnell

Renee said...

OMGosh!!
I saw the first card over on the blog and was so jealous I didn't think of it first (*giggle*)...
it's gorgeous!!!
But then they just keep coming...
I love, love, love that tag card...
I died over the vintage snowmen in this line and now you know why...
I love it!!
Such a fabulous collection of cards from my mish mash of goods...
I love them all!! :)