Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #34...Hello



Step away from the embellishments!!!   
That's the little warning I had to tell myself today.  I started make a card for CAS(E) this Sketch #34 and yes, I know it's supposed to be CAS, but I got so carried away with all the little embellishments and  die cuts I used for this card, I am afraid it isn't very CAS, but I did have good intentions!
Here is this week's sketch:
CAS, right?  I wanted to highlight the new Stitched Mat: Circles,  Folding Tag Die, original and Connected Circles Die I just received from 
Lil Inkers.  Then I added a little more, and a little more, and by the time I was done, this card weighed a ton and is definitely a "hand it to you" kind of card!

The sentiment is also from Lil Inkers, Darling Diamonds stamp set, and it is such a great stamp, very crisp and clear, just the perfect size.  The patterned papers are all from My Minds Eye, Come Away With Me collection and since I just got back from vacation...a travel themed card seemed very appropriate.  
I may give this challenge another go...this time making it a true CAS card, but I actually really like how this one turned out.  You still have time to make a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch, you have until July 4th to make your card.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, it may not be CAS, but it is still fabulous! I love all the embellies you created, and it is like going on a treasure hunt to explore your card. I'm sure that you can find someone to deliver this beauty to.

Marybeth said...

I love how this turned out too Cathy! Like Joyce said not a true CAS card but I love everything you used on this , the colors, the dies and the fun CAS sentiment! See the sentiment is very CAS. I have the connected circles and love it with the stitched circles on top!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh this looks like fun Cathy - all sorts of fun embellishments a fun pocket and I love the arrow pointing to the sentiment with the different sized gems trailing behind.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy this is amazing, I love all of your yummy elements and the colours are fantastic!

Renee said...

Love those fabulous papers...
and you may have not exceeded in stepping away from the embellies...
but it's a fabulous card...
love it! :)

Unknown said...

love this bold design!