Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Monday Mood Board #12

This is my first time playing along with the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board Challenge.  The inspiration photo is always so bright and cheerful with lots of different items for you to draw inspiration from.  Here is this week's picture.

May is a big birthday month in my family and I need several  birthday cards...in about an hour actually, so this challenge was a huge help to me.  I loved the primary colors, the chevrons, the candles and the overall happy vibe this board gave me.  
I just got this stamp set (A Pocketful, WPlus9) from my sweet friend Suzanne...it's one I have wanted for a long time.  I love the pocket and all of the cute elements you can add to it.  I decided my pocket would be full of birthday candles, all lit up ready to be blown out.  The candles are a die from Serendipity Stamps (Cupcake and Candle Die).  I cut the chevrons on my cameo and impressed the orange panel with the polka dot impression plate from PTI.  The top corner looked a little bare so I added the circle arrow, again cut on my cameo and the stamp is a very old stamp of mine, not even sure where I bought it.  
This was a fun challenge, one I am sure I will start to play along with more often.  You have two weeks now to make your Monday Mood Board card...lots of time to come up with something fabulous.

6 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun card...and in the nick of time!! Love the arrow/circle!!

Joyce said...

I just LOVE this. How fun that we were working on the same challenge at the same time. And, our cards are so different, too. Just like 4 of a kind. I love the idea of the candles in the pocket. That is super fun. I hope that you don't light them until you take them out of the pocket--ouch!

Sharron said...

Fabulous birthday card, Cathy! I'm so glad you got that WPlus9 set. It's such fun--you will love it! You can use that pocket for so many things. Great idea to add the candles but like Joyce said, "Remember to remove B4 lighting!!"

Sian Ridley said...

This is such a fun and happy card - perfect birthday material! I love the bright colours and those candles are so cool!

~Tammy~ said...

Fab take on the mood board! Love the zig zag pattern.

Marybeth said...

Fun card Cathy! The candles go so well with the mood board. Love all the bright party colors on this one too. What a fun set of stamps to receive .