Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Serendipity Blog Challenge #8- Center Step Card



Better late than never, but today I have a card I made for Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge #8.  What started out as a little weekend get-a-way to Las Vegas turned into a 12 day nightmare for my husband and I.  He ended up in the hospital and I was unable to schedule my card for the Oct. 20th challenge.  I am happy to report that we are back home now and my husband will be good as new in a week or two, so all in all, it was a very "Lucky" trip to Las Vegas.

This week's challenge was to make a Center Step card, which seems difficult, but now that I know how to make one on my Silhouette Cameo, was so simple to accomplish.  Here is my card:
I saw a card online by  Carla of Carlasstampingspot and loved how she used the Polynesian Sails Oval die from Cheery Lynn as the focal point of her card.  I own that same die and decided to use it with a beautiful stamp from Serendipity Stamps...Wedding Cake.  I also used sentiments from Serendipity Stamps (Bridal) and (Shower) and think this would be a very pretty card to attach to a Bridal Shower gift.  I used patterned papers by Creative Imaginations (Beautiful You) along with a Spellbinder label.  I added some lilac flower soft to the flowers to add a little more dimension and a bow with some twine and a cute little wedding ring embellishment.
Even though I was late, you still have enough time to enter the SSCB #8 challenge...the deadline isn't until March 30th, so why not give this Center Step card challenge a try?  You can win $20 off your next Serendipity Stamps order.  Remember, all you need to use is one Serendipity stamp or die to qualify!

In case you haven't seen the other Center Step Cards from the Serendipity Design Team, make sure you check them all out...they are beautiful!


Wedding Cake

Shower
Bridal

9 comments:

Kara said...

I am so glad to hear that your husband is on his way back to health! I have been thinking about you both since I heard!!

Kara said...

...and of course I love your beautiful card!!:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely beautiful shower invitation. Glad to know that you are home and your ordeal is over Cathy! ~Hugs

Marybeth said...

It's beautiful Cathy ! I love that sail die. I seen Jeanne use it too! Pretty cake stamp and love the flowers you added.
So glad you are home and that long get a way trip is over....answered prayers! Happy Easter!

Vickie Z said...

Beautiful!! Wow... you can DO purple... it just scares the bejeezus out of me!! Glad hubs is better but, "geesh" WE getaway turns into 12 day trip/hospital trip... hope you have a wonderful holiday WE!!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, so happy to hear that your husband is doing better, what a scare that must have been. Your card is amazing and another thing I need to try out on my Cameo. So much beautiful detail and that die is stunning, a great way to showcase your beautiful wedding cake. Take care and welcome home.

Jill Norwood said...

Cathy so sorry to hear about your husband being ill. Glad he is doing better and will be fully well soon! Bless you both!

Your card is just GORGEOUS! I love how you used the cheery Lynn die! This is just so beautiful! A truly lovely creation!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so lovely!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy I love all the beautiful wedding themed creations - but then you know I am ADDICTED to the lavender. Just gorgeous - I love all the dimension you got with the flower soft - and the ring in the bow is fab!