Case Study #180

Happy Saturday...it's going to be a nice, quite weekend for my husband and I.  Our daughter has gone to Las Vegas and we will have the whole house clean and quiet all weekend.  I am planning a whole weekend of crafting and maybe even squeezing in a movie later today.  I am playing along with
Case Study Challenge #180.  This month our muse has been Danielle Flanders and I LOVED her inspirational card this week.
I loved the cute frame with the sentiment stamped inside as well as the floral theme, the soft colors and that stickpin...oh did I love the stickpin!
Here's the card I made based on Danielle's beautiful card:
I pulled out a beautiful floral stamp set from Lil Inker (Modern Mehndi) and stamped some of the flowers onto Lemon Tart card stock and clear embossed them with Versamark.  I love all the detail you can achieve without any coloring...my kind of flowers!  After I die cut the flowers with the Modern Mehndi dies, they were layered behind and in front of another Lil Inker die (Polaroid Frame) and the sentiment was stamped both inside and on the frame itself.  I added some of the Modern Mehndi leaves, some pearls and those stickpins I admired so much from the inspirational photo.  Very quick and easy.  I hope you all have a great weekend! 


   

16 comments:

Alanna said...

Love your card and those gorgeous flowers.

And enjoy your weekend. Sounds fabulous.

Kara said...

beautiful, Cathy!

Lisa said...

So VERY pretty Cathy!! Enjoy your day of crafting ;)

Joyce said...

I hope you have a wonderful day, and am looking forward to seenig all you create. This card is just beautiful (I like it more than the inspiration--shhhhhh). Your layout is super, and I love how you did the flowers--you are right--they do not need to be colored at all.

Rhonda said...

Enjoy your weekend. I love the orange and yellows.

oh....sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, can't wait to see more of your amazing creations. I love your card, in fact I love it so much I used it for inspiration to make my Case Study card, I hope you don't mind. Have fun!

Deepti said...

Beautiful card :) loved the layout !!

Gorgeous Cathy! Lots of yummy Lil' Inker's dies in use here!

Cathy, this is beautiful. I love the embossing and the colors are perfection.

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Cathy! Love the embossing on the pure white background. Those flowers look stunning and i adore those sweet stickpins. Hope you weekend was great!

Beautiful design and colours! I love the 3D effect you created and I want to case your card! I just happen to have some stickpins hanging around not being used. Where the heck did I put the darn things! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Hope to see you soon.

Jeanne J said...

This is like sunshine on a cold winter day! I love those bright yellow blooms and the orange frame! The embossing makes this look so clean and expensive!

Jill said...

So lovely and springy, Cathy! I am definitely CASEing this gorgeous card!

I love how you used the Instant Camera Die & your colors..wow. Glad you played along at CASE Study this week!

Marybeth said...

How did I miss this gorgeous card! I love everything about this card! Now I want this set too. You make me want everything you use on a card........

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting