You Deserve a Party!

I have a really fun card today... I'm playing along with Case Study Challenge #177 as well as the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #122.  I'm just getting it under the wire for the sketch this week by Cindy H. of Freshly Made Sketches, but there is still plenty of time to play along with the cute inspirational card made by this month's Case Study Challenge muse, Danielle Flanders.  
Here are the cards and sketch I had to work with:

I waited until late in the day yesterday to get started...I knew that some new stamps would be arriving and had my card all pictured in my head.  I was outside and waiting for my mailman to hand over my new package of Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  They had a new release this week with THE cutest image of a deer and antlers.  We aren't big hunters in our family, but my brother is and I decided to make his birthday card a funny take on a deer and his birthday party.
For the Case Study challenge, I was inspired by the black, gold and off white color combination as well as the chevrons, polka dots and little bit of vellum.  The card design is very nearly identical to the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  That great deer head is from Fresh Squeezed Stamps Close Your Ears Deer and the sentiment is from Fresh Squeezed Stamps Everyday Expressions.  I wanted to dress my deer up for his party so I cut a cute hat with my silhouette and added a hand-cut bow tie.  I add a couple little jingle balls to the jester's hat to make sure this deer is really ready to celebrate his birthday.  I have so many ideas in my head for this little deer...Santa hat, Leprechaun hat, Uncle Sam hat, bunny ears for Easter...practically every holiday I can think of has a coordinating hat I can dress him in.  I love a stamp set that let's me use my imagination!  

14 comments:

Amazing card Cathy...I lover you party animal, so much fun and I can just imagine him all decked out for St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Christmas and so many more. I love all the fabulous gold too, so fun!

Jen W. said...

LOL! This is brilliant, Cathy! The jingly jester hat and bow tie are genius! I can't wait to see this guy pop up on your blog for every major holiday! :D

Lisa said...

Tee hee love the jester hat!! This guy sure looks like a fun fella just waiting for a party! Marvelous card Cathy ;)

Sharron said...

Love your dressed up deer! The hat & bells are a hoot! Bet you'll have a ball with this stamp. Looking forward to all his holiday outfits!

Wowsers Cathy, this is sparkly and gorgeous!

Cathy your card is so striking - from the fabulous colours to your shimmery image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kara said...

sooo unique! love it!

cbuswell said...

Stunning card, love the glitter!

Jen said...

Haha, this is great! I love the bow-tie and crown. Not to mention the jingle bells! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is fabulous, and I love all the little details you added, like the bow tie, the hat and the jingle bells. I have a feeling I am going to be seeing a lot of this guy--which is all right by me. Love how you dressed him up.

Jeanne J said...

This is so fun and clever - the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Las Vegas Stag Party... looks classy, and elegant with all that bling - I see a man in tuxedo somewhere.

Cathy,
I'm not sure if you remember me, but we did a paper share for PTI a while back. I just wanted to say that I came across your blog when I was pinning cards! Such nice work, and I love the look of your blog!

I fell in love with your cards with the Stitches and Stripes Die and had to go get one myself! If you are interested, I have a few cards myself with that die - you were my inspiration! You can find them on Splitcoaststampers under the name beesmom.

Lovely work!

Deepti said...

Cathy this is such a Crowning beauty, Love ur idea !!

Ha! Love the deer's head adornment. :)

Thanks so much for leaving love at my place recently, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting