Christmas in California

When you think of Christmas, most people will be thinking of snowmen, icicles and wearing warm, cozy boots...but here in Southern California, we are more likely still wearing our shorts and flip-flops.  Today I have made a card for Case Study Challenge #168 and Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and it is all about the flip flops us Californians might wear while we do our Christmas shopping.

This week's case study challenge is the last one by this month's muse, Keisha Campbell and I was inspired by the cut out circles, the polka dot embossing and the stamping through the window.  Here's the inspiration photo for this week:

At Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge there was another great photo and the theme is

The two challenges were perfect to combine so here is my card:
I was going for 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Christmas for my countdown.  I used my Lil Inker Flip Flop Dies to make five pairs of Christmas flip flops.  This was one of the most fun cards I have ever made...so much fun coming up with the different combination of flip flops using the dies I had on hand.  My favorite...the Santa thongs, complete with a little gold belt buckle.

I also stamped my own plaid pattern on flip flops #4...and yes, I used Lil Inker stamps to do it.  The strips are from Mom and Dad Sentiments.  They make a very cute plaid pattern and they were topped off with a little red flower from Flip Flop Dies.  The holly leaves and berries are from Holly Jolly Dies.  The cute Merry Christmas Wishes sentiment and countdown numbers are from Instant Camera Christmas Stamp Set.  I also used the cute hanging bow from Jolly and Joyful Sentiments.

I was doing a little Christmas shopping yesterday and I sure do wish I had been wearing a pair of these cute flip-flops.    Make sure to check out the cards at Case Study Challenge #168 and Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge as there are lots of holiday cards brimming with inspiration.


22 comments:

Kelly S. said...

GET OUTTA HERE! This is the most creative and adorable card I have seen in decades, heeee! The jingle bell and Santa flops...the little holly over the toes? The pom pom ones? Thud.

Marisa said...

This is just too cute!! LOVE the Christmas flip flops!!! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Cathy very brilliant to make Christmas flip flops, wish I lived in sunny CA too. Thank you so much for joining usu at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

maria f. said...

This is so fantastic. Love all those flip flops combined with the "wish". As in, wish I were on Bondi Beach right now...

I am in FLIP FLOP HEAVEN! My jaw literally dropped when I saw your sweet card!! This is brilliant my dear!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! My sister who is a surfer would get such a kick out of it!! Just brilliant!!!

KimCreate said...

How clever you are! The flip flops in xmas colors are adorable. :)

Ohhhhhhhhhh I love love love love this!!! LOVING those flip flops!!!!!!

Shut Up!!!! this is about the best holiday card I have seen so far this year. Flip flops for Christmas, no stinkin' way! I love your count down too, so perfect and my favorite pair it number 1, love the Santa look and would love to have a pair in a size 8 please. You sold me on this set, I have the other set from PTI but I love the shape and look of these so much better, you are amazing...love them!

Marybeth said...

You are knocking my socks off........... (So now I will need a pair of these flip flops).with your adorable LID cards! OMG this is may all time favorite of yours to date! This is such a creative and adorable card! Bet they sell out of this die at the store. These are truly the most adorable Christmas flip flops I have ever seen and card! AMAZING !!!! I love this Cathy!

Lisa said...

Ooooh I could sure trade in my boots for Christmas in December!! What a fun card Cathy, your Santa suit pair is too CUTE!!

Toni said...

Love this idea. Really love it. Clever!

Sharron said...

Wow, this is just about the coolest card EVER! Flip flops for Christmas--you are so creative. Love all your adorable designs. The Santa version are perfect!

This speaks to me on so many levels - I always say my #1 reason for moving to CA was so I could get away with wearing flip flops 50 weeks of the year! Love all the fabulous details Cathy!

Joyce said...

This is so cute and clever. How nice it is that we can wear flip flops all year along--and such stylish ones, too. Love how you did the sentiment in the last box.

what a fun card, Cathy! those flip flops are the cutest thing ever! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

SUPER CUTE!! Summer in December, yep screams California to me! :)

Lyndal said...

Perfect Aussie Christmas card too!!!

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this?!
Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study!

Kim S said...

OK, this is TOO fun!!! I want every pair! And I'd wear them - even though it's ten below zero where I live! Thanks so much for joining us at Curtain Call.

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! This is so stinking cute. What an incredibly fun, creative take on these challenges. And you attention to detail is astounding (your plaid pattern....awesome). This card just makes me smile ear to ear.

D- said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love those cute little flip flops. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting