Case Study Challenge #164-Birthday in the City

Today I am playing along with Case Study Challenge #164, another awe-inspiring party set up by this month's muse, Elena Roussakis.  This girl must throw the absolute best parties! Here's the inspiration photo from Elena:
I can not imagine being able to set such a beautiful party table.  It does seem to me that I tend to be inspired by colors and this week I definitely loved the soft green and tan colors in the photo.
This was the first time I have used my new stamp set, City Scene by Papertrey Ink...and it is even more fun to stamp than I imagined.  I actually like stamping those cute city buildings in colors you would probably never see on a busy city street, but how fun if they were!  I also added the little banners from the stamp set as it reminded me of the banner in Elena's party picture.  Even that little taxi was fun to stamp...wouldn't it be fun to see a taxi in that color?  You have plenty of time to enter this week's Case Study challenge...here's a link for all the details.

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Fabulous city scene Cathy, and I love the colours you have used. Fabulous embossed background too, gorgeous card!

Joyce said...

This is just fabulous. So many wonderful touches that I love. Your color scheme is such fun--I love your taxi, the embossing, all the lil inkers stuff, and that banner. Well, I just guess that I love everything about this card.

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Cathy! Love all the detail on these stamps. Your buildings look fantastic and I love the colors. The embossing makes a great background too.

Cathy this is so gorgeous, I love the aqua and kraft together. Way to rock out those new stamps.

Love the colours and texture. This is absolutely gorgeous!

This is too cute! The colors work perfectly with the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Cris G said...

Congratulations on your Top 3 at CSC. It's a very beautiful card. I love the dimension of dry embossing and the city scene... I also love the way you added the car on the road.

Jeanne J said...

Your first time using this set and you are a winner at CASE! I love the pretty bold color and embossing. Even that bit of scalloped trim - the perfect little additions Cathy!! Well done!

Vickie Z said...

Actually saw this the other day but, didn't have time to comment!! THIS card talked me definitely into getting this set and it's on the way right now!! Congrats on your CASe win.....definitely deserved!!

Carolanne said...

The colors you used for this card are just beautiful! Love those stamps. Just a gorgeous card!!!

Marjolein said...

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for your visit on our Dutch blog!
Just want to return the visit and see what kind of (creations) cards you make.
I love the colorcombo of this card, and PTI is such a great company!
I love all their stamps and dies!!
Love the cityscene you made and the banners between the buildings, great fun!
Your embossed background is very classy!
Are those LIll inkers stitched dies? Ha, ha, Our mutual friend Marybeth uses these a lot and I can see why! :-)
Bye,

Marjolein

Joyce said...

Hey--congratulations! I just saw you were a winner at Case Study. So happy for you.

Lynn said...

Serious loving the colors you used on this Cathy! I admit to loving the set but feeling intimidated as to what colors to use for the layered images! Think I need to CASE you! :)

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting