Case Study #166 - Pinwheel Turkey

I have one last Thanksgiving card to share today before the big turkey day...this year it's at my house and I am already starting to arrange and re-arrange my furniture to seat all my family.  This week's Case Study Challenge #166 project started out as one thing and by accident, turned into another.  Before I show you my card, check out the inspiration photo by this month's very creative muse, Keisha Campbell.
There it is, my inspiration, right there front and center...the pinwheel.  I love, love, love pinwheels and they are super simple to make in any color you want using Lil Inker Pinwheel dies.  I started out making a pinwheel tag.  I found some Fall color patterned papers and die cut my pinwheels.  After I put them together, and before I fanned them in a circle to make the 6 part pinwheel, a little lightbulb went off in my head and I saw the tail feathers of a great, big Thanksgiving turkey.  Can you picture it?  Here's my version of a pinwheel turkey.

It kind of looks like a turkey, don't you think?  I started my card off by embossing cream cardstock with Lil Inker Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern Die.  I stamped my fall colors with the Darling Diamonds Stamp Set. I cut a frame using Stitched Mat Squares and popped the whole panel up with dimensional foam.  My turkey is made using a Lil Inker Original Pinwheel die, and two Stitched Mat Circles.  That red thing on the turkey...turns out the technical name for it is a Wattle (news to me), but I just call it the gobbler, is made from a holly leaf from Holly Jolly Dies.  A little orange beak and some black stickles for the eyes and this turkey is done!
Here's a link to Case Study Challenge #166...I doubt you will see a "turkey" in the bunch.  LOL

I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The theme this week is Thanks/Thankful and is to be a Thanksgiving themed card.  I think my little turkey fits right in.

24 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute turkey!! The pinwheel was a brilliant idea for the feathers and your background is wonderful!

It looks like an awesome turkey. Such a cute card and I really love how you turned the pin wheel into the turkeys tail :)

Kara said...

this is so cute Cathy!!

Marisa said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, Cathy :) Just love your turkey!! Brilliant to use the pinwheel for feathers!

This little guy just had me chuckling, Cathy ... he has such amazing tail feathers ... definitely the star of the show! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and for your sweet words ... it's so appreciated! Anita :)

Thanks Cathy! Wow this is just so clever and looks so fantastic too! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Joyce said...

What a fabulous card. You always have so many clever ideas, especially when it comes to Lil Inkers dies and stamps. I especially like his pinwheel tail. I did know that the red thing was called a wattle, because older ladies have them, too and usually cover them with a scarf. (lol)

Lin said...

Cathy, this is such a fun Thanksgiving card! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

OMG, what a GREAT idea, I love it!!! I would never have thought of pinwheels for a turkey. Such a fun design. Very creative, Cathy!

Jennyfer L said...

This is brilliant! Love how you used a pinwheel to make the turkey and yes it does look like a turkey:-)

Sheri said...

WOW! Look at this wonderful idea! You rocked it!

How clever! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study!

Marybeth said...

That is one great lightbulb you have in your head Cathy!!!!!!! OMG this is the most creative and clever idea for a turkey!!!!!!! I think I will be making these as a place card ! I LOVE this stinking cute idea! Love the whole card but your turkeys stole the show!

Vickie Z said...

Totally adorable!! Love those pinwheel feathers...too clever!!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely adorable!
Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study!

What a fun creative design Cathy! Love that cute turkey!

Sharron said...

OMG, how clever! Love your turkey!! The cover -up die makes a great background too.

this card is soooooo darn cute!!! love it.
thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a kind comment

cbuswell said...

Love your turkey! Very creative! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jeanne J said...

This is brilliant Cathy! Talk about seeing that pinwheel die in an entirely new way! So clever! You totally rocked this!

Cathy, this is simply awesome!!!! AWESOME!!! I thought you'd like to know that a whole big bunch of people have landed on our website from your post here! NICELY DONE!! :)
I love this!
Laura

Cathy this is absolutely incredible! I would love to get inside your head sometime because you do such amazing things with these dies! Gobble Gobble!

cm said...

Cathy, your pinwheel turkey is an absolute brilliant, delightful cutie-patootie! LOVE this! Adding my voice to the chorus: you and LID = magic!!
c

Suzanne said...

This is a crazy AWESOME card!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting