Case Study Challenge #148 and Seize the Birthday #20








After everyone had gone home from our 4th of July barbecue, I closed myself off in my craft room and played along with two challenges: Case Study #148 and Seize the Birthday #20.  Case Study has an especially bright and cheery card as the inspiration photo designed by Jocelyn Olson and Seize the Birthday has a very fun sketch that combined to make a cute birthday card to add to my stash.
Looks like I get to bring out my Lil Inker Stitched Mat: Circles again.  That set has been doing overtime at my house.  That great big circle is is screaming to have some stitched detail around the edges.  I was inspired by the bright colors and beautiful digitally stamped background in the Case Study photo. I wanted to try to achieve the same effect using some new stamps.  Here's my card:

I love it when you have lots of new things to work with.  I just received Funky Feathers from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the Gift Bow Topper die from Lil Inker.  The feathers are so much fun to stamp...it is easy to get carried away coming up with different patterns and color combinations.  The sentiment is from Lil Inker Mom and Dad sentiments stamp set.  Although I have the cut files for the feathers...they are a cinch to cut by hand. Can you tell I have spent way too much money this month on crafty fun?  Here's hoping that you had as much fun as I did on the 4th of July!

15 comments:

Kara said...

love love love it Cathy!!

Joyce said...

This is just so fabulous. Those feathers look wonderful stamped like that--I love hos when they overlap, you can kind of see through them. I am insanely jealous that you have your WMS and I don't. Brilliant idea to combine the two challenges. I see a total winner here.

I LOVE how you've stamped the funky feathers Cathy! so colorful and what a great background!

Cathy...this is simply amazing! I have to agree with Joyce, and see a winner on both the challenges you entered this fabulous card in. This is just so fabulous and I think this feather stamp set is finally growing on me.

Renee said...

Love these colorful, gorgeous feathers...
this card just has fun all over it! :)
Great take on both challenges!

Beautiful Cathy, the feather are fabulous for this CASE. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE Study!

Marybeth said...

Oh wow Cathy! This is a beautiful card with lots of fun stamping going on! Love the feathers.....I must be the only one who ordered Fancy Feathers. I thought for sure I was going to order the funky feathers then changed my mind . This card is going to be a winner ! Well it already is in my book!

Christina said...

Oh my I really need those feathers! This is such a fantastic take on the sketch and CASE. I especially love how you turned the bow die cut on its side for a sentiment banner!

Sharron said...

LOVE this, Cathy! Great take on the challenges! Awesome job stamping the feathers and I love the colors! I ordered the other set but am thinking I may need both.

Glenda J said...

This is sooo cool! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Jeanne J said...

OH Gosh! You're killing me! I absolutely need those feathers now. What a wonderful pattern you created packed with color Cathy!

Oh, this is fabulous! I debated between the funky feathers and the fancy feathers set.... and ended up choosing the fancy feathers. Now you have me wishing I'd gotten both!

Innovative and creative! Way to rock this challenge, Cathy! Congratulations on the shoutout from Case Study!!

Pauline said...

Oh I love those funky feathers in these funky colours Cathy! What a beautiful card!
Love the new look blog too!

Kristen said...

Congrats on top 3 at CASE Study, beautiful card!!
xo, Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting