Case Study Challenge #140

I woke up this morning, grabbed a cup of coffee and started off on my normal Saturday routine of catching up with all the blogs I follow.   I saw several of my friends had their Case Study Challenge #140 cards posted and I realized I was sitting here with mine right in front of me, ready to be written up...thanks Joyce and Marybeth for motivating me to get busy writing!

This week's card is another beautiful card by May's Muse, Maile Belles.  Maile's card this week was very striking and CAS all at the same time.  Here is her card:

Lots to be inspired by on this card, but I loved the kraft, black and white combination and the background stamping so those are the elements I wanted to incorporate into my card.
I stamped my background with Impression Obsession Roses Cover a Card stamp.  It is so detailed and also nice to be able to cover the whole card in one stamp.  I added a Polynesian Sails die cut in black, a little strip of corrugated black border and a scalloped bottom edge.  The leaves are from PTI, Turning a new leaf which I also corrugated and shaped to give a more realistic feel (although, I've never seen white leaves before).  I tied a twine bow and cut a little tag with my cameo.  One of the things I love about Case Study challenges are you can use anything you want.  I find that on Case Study Challenge cards I always use so many more of my stamps and dies that I rarely use.  Good justification to buy more, don't you think?

10 comments:

Joyce said...

I am so glad I managed to motivate you, because your card is drop dead gorgeous. And, what an incredible job of bringing all those fabulous products together on one card. Love the background stamping, those corrugated leaves, and the pretty white roses. And, your multi loop twine bow and sweet little tag are the perfect finishing touch.

Cathy, this is so beautiful! The colors are soft and sweet and all of your roses, such a fabulous addition to your card. Stunning!

Cassie_lu said...

I really like how the flowers look with the frame

Maureen said...

such a beautiful elegant card. Love stamping on kraft :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Pauline said...

This is so beautiful Cathy, I love the gorgeous frame, and the pretty roses, so elegant.

Cathy your card is just so gorgeous. I love that frame and such fabulous stamping. You always create such beautiful cards. Happy Happy Mother's Day to you!

gorgeous case! i love the twine bow!

Jeanne J said...

That stamped background is gorgeous Cathy - I love the open frame with the flowers peeking through and that bitty tag on the twine bow! Lots of beautiful details here!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this case is a knock out of the park beauty! Wow! You nailed it with gorgeous and elegance!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful! Love your stamped background! This should have won! Love the sail die in black. Bet you cant wait for vacation.

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting