Case Study Challenge #138 - You are My Sunshine

Hi there...what a nice weekend I have had.  Lots and lots of crafting and I totally enjoyed it!  Today I am posting a card for Case Study Challenge #138, the fourth and final week for this month's muse
JJ Bolton.  I love the card she made for this week's inspiration, in fact I used 4 aspects of her card on the one I made.  Here is her card:

My main focus was the sentiment and the sun.  I was flipped though some of my patterned paper and when I pulled out Summer Fresh from Simple Stories, I realized it had everything I needed to make a card with lots of sunshine in it.  Here it is:
Can you believe there is absolutely no stamping on this card?  Not sure I have ever done that before, but that pattern pack had it all done for me.  I used the Sunshine sentiment, sun, clouds and even the cute butterflies from JJ's card.  It was so country looking I had to add a bit of burlap too.  The denim paper is some digital paper I printed and the sun and clouds were cut with my Cameo.  I have totally enjoyed these last four weeks with JJ and can't wait to find out who next month's muse is and what great inspiration is in store for me!

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love this country sunshine! Just reminds me of a good old summer day! Really like that printed denim paper too! Wow no stamps!

Joyce said...

Wow--no stamps. That is incredible. I just love this card. Your paper sunbeams are gorgeous--did you really cut and sew them all? I can see where JJ inspired you, but you totally made this card your own.

Jeanne J said...

Love the burlap and the die cuts - you've got me thinking summer picnic - that sunny sky is beautiful!

Love this Cathy, the burlap is a fantastic addition and that fabulous patterned paper.

I agree with Joyce, wow! No stamps...but you would never know. This is amazing and now I am ready for a picnic...what is on the menu? So pretty Cathy!

Debby said...

Wow! Packing the texture in there - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Aimes said...

What a great country-style take on JJ's card!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study!
:)

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting