Case Study Challenge #136 - Just Married

The 18 month wait has finally arrived...my son Andy is getting married in less than a week and I am so ready for this day.  I have made lots of things for the wedding decor and realized yesterday that I still did not have a card made for them to attach to the gift we are giving them.  All that work and no card?  I don't think so!  I decided to use this week's Case Study Challenge #136 as the basis for my wedding card.  This month's muse is JJ Bolton and did she have an interesting card to share this week!
Take a look:

Just look at all those chevrons!  Although the colors are not right for the wedding colors, that pretty vellum sentiment strip is definitely something you would see on a pretty wedding card.  Here is the card I made inspired by JJ's chevrons and vellum.

Lots of purple on this card...I cut chevron strips in a variety of sizes and added them to my PTI Tag Sale #3 tag.  Since I wanted to see the chevron design and also use the vellum, I stamped my sentiment from PTI's Happily Ever After on it.  The bride and groom die cuts are also from PTI, Man and Wife.  Let me tell you, those teeny, tiny pieces are not meant for my little fat fingers!  There is still time for you to make a card using JJ's inspiration, make sure to check out all the details on the Case Study Blog.  Their designers have created some beautiful cards for our inspiration.  One more week.  Finally.

13 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, what a perfect card to CASE JJ's. Lovely wedding card--and it is so exciting that the big day is almost here. I love that man and wife you created, the vellum sentiment, the purple doily and those bold chevrons.

Marybeth said...

Oh, Cathy this is beautiful and just perfect for the special bride and groom. I cant believe the big day is almost here. I hope you just sit back and enjoy the day.
This die sure came in handy for you, cant wait to use mine . Enjoy the big day!

Gorgeous! I love the shades of purple and the lovely die cut couple! Can't wait to see photos of the Big Day - I do hope the sun shines for you all!

Jeanne J said...

Holy Cow Cathy! I love the purple and black together - this looks so formal - and as always I can see all the love and thought that was put into this one! They will both love this one of a kind creation!

Cathy this is amazing, what a perfect CASE of JJ's card. I am so loving your use of purple lately and paired with black! Those chevrons are fantastic!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
And a perfect wedding card.
Love how you used their wedding colors and that vellum strip is perfect!
They'll treasure this one forever! :)

What a beautiful card Cathy! I love all the pretty details! A wonderful case and it sounds like a wedding is coming up for someone dear to you! How exciting! I have a sister getting married this summer and will be making a special card for her and her sweet fiancee!
:) Jill

This is stunning Cathy and I am sure it will end up in a keepsake album or box so they can look back at how people wished them well. Love your use of the chevrons.

Suzanne said...

This is such a fabulous wedding card, Cathy!

Beautiful, what a perfect wedding card. Thanks for playing at CASE Study

Teneale

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous wedding card! I love that purple doily and the chevrons! Have a wonderful time at the wedding...how exciting! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

cbuswell said...

Fabulous wedding card! Love it! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Beautiful wedding card...what a fab purple doily, too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting