CAS Happy Birthday

I have a three for one today...Case Study Challenge #135,  CASology #38 and Simon Says Stamp's 4th Birthday Celebration.  I love it when a card I have pictured in my mind not only turns out, but works for three challenges at once!  This week's Case Study Challenge is a really beautiful card by none other than THE JJ Bolton who is the Muse for the month of April.   I always absolutely love JJ's cards and often wish I could "think" like her and today, I really tried.  Here is JJ's beautiful card which was my inspiration.

Coincidentally, the cue word of the week for CASology Challenge #38 is UP and since my card is very CAS this week and balloons totally embrace the clue word, I just had to enter.




I loved the white on white lettering on JJ's card.  You have no idea how much I wanted to try to stamp onto my die cut words like JJ did, but I just COULD NOT make myself try it.  I knew I would mess it up and would in no way create a card a great as JJ's.  Instead, I settled for die cutting the word birthday three times, using a glue stick to layer them so they would resemble chipboard letters.  Then I die cut the balloon strings from Lil Inker and used the bow to represent the"T" in birthday.  It looks a little bit like a "T", don't you think?  This is a fun little card to add to my birthday card collection.  Thanks for taking a look!


20 comments:

Great call!!! I have tried and tried and have the wasted paper to prove it!
I adore your card - so cas and professional looking.
Fantastic to use the bow as the t. Which company does the birthday die come from?

Cathy if you don't think you could create a great card like JJ's then why I am I staring at your card in awe! This is brilliant. It is crisp and clean and festive--LOVE it! This should be linked up the this week's Simon Says birthday challenge.

Love this CAS beauty - the white on white 'birthday' is FAB! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely brilliant. The balloon string absolutely looks like a 't', and your layered birthday die cuts do look like chipboard. Even on the computer, I can see the dimension. I like the direction you went with this card, and am more inspired now to give CASE study a try this week--I was intimidated before by JJ's perfect stamping, too.

Marybeth said...

Oh I really love this one Cathy! It's so CAS and smart! Such a fresh look and it looks like a card I could buy from Hallmark! Great job! Love all the dies you used.

Rosemary said...

Fabulous take on all the challenges! So crisp and clean... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Love this card, so crisp, clean, fresh and HAPPY!

Sonia Y said...

Really cute!! Love the way you've used the dies!

Michelle said...

Oh... such a pretty card! The way you've used the balloon strings is genius. I'm pinning away!

Jen W. said...

Great take on all three challenges and I love those fun balloon dies! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

this is a fabulous card and love that you have one card for three different challenges. Those pink balloons are amazing with that happy birthday. So fun and very festive.

Pauline said...

Such a great take on JJs card Cathy, I wouldn't have tried to stamp on the lettering either! I love the little balloons, and the clever mix of card!

Jeanne J said...

Clean and Simple perfection Cathy! Love your take on JJ's card - I had a hard time stamping on a die too - and talked to myself the whole time - mostly saying 'Dang it JJ'!! :)))

This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the clean and simple feel!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Debby said...

Fab use of your die cuts! Like you I knew I couldn't pull off stamping on the letters LOL. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Aimes said...

Fab card! Love your use of die cuts!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)

Joy said...

So sweet, love the CAS feel thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Susi said...

Saw this lovely creation on Pinterest and couldn't resist popping over onto your blog to tell you how ADORABLE it is!

This is ADORABLE! Ilove the way you added the balloon strings to the "birthday" word! Precious and really just PERFECT! Need to pin this one and try it myself! :)

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting