Case Study Challenge #125

Who doesn't love a good cupcake?  I know I sure do, even the non-edible, non-fattening kind always make me smile.  Today I am playing along with Case Study Challenge #125, a really cute card by this month's Muse Amber of Damask Love.  Here is the inspiration photo:
I love kraft, cream and a pop of red and decided to make a card using those elements.  I also loved the corrugated background and wanted to use a bit of that on my card too.

I just got some new dies from Serendipity Stamps (Cupcake and Candle Die Set) wanted to try using them without punching out all of the details.  I thought the cupcake wrapper looked a bit like the corrugated trim in the inspiration picture.  I just cut them out, ran them through my xyron and layered them onto the kraft cardbase.  I almost gives the illusion of being a piece of embossed cardstock in person.  To make my main cupcake stand out, I punched out the frosting pieces and added a cream background.  I added one of the cute candle die cuts and instead of the flame, aded a little heart negative that came from the Love diecut.  That Love die cut is also a brand new die from Serendipity.  It is just the perfect size and I love the little hearts that pop out of it too!  Just so you know, the cupcake die looks really nice with all the pieces popped out and I can picture it in all kinds of colors.  Like I said...I love cupcakes!

If you would like to see some of the other new stamps and dies just released from Serendipity, make sure to check out our blog hop on January 30th where the Serendipity Design Team will show you want they have done with the new products.

It's also not too late to make a card for the Serendipy Stamps Challenge Blog #4, Have a Care where you have the chance to win a $20 certificate for stamps or dies from the Serendipity Store.  There is even a free digital image to use for this challenge, so I hope you will all give it a try.

Cupcake and Candle Die Set
Love Die

11 comments:

What a fun card! I do like the cupcake die and that pop of red! Super!

Kara said...

really cool!! Love the kraft on kraft!

Oh my gosh Cathy, I LOVE this. those kraft cupcakes on the kraft is brilliant! The die cut love is so sweet!

Joyce said...

This is so cute. All those cupcakes look amazing. Also, that love die is pretty cool, with all those hearts hidden inside the letters.

Sharron said...

The cupcake looks like such an adorable die and your kraft on kraft design is wonderful. Love the look you got with the cut-out single cupcake and the little heart on the candle!

Jeanne J said...

Look at all those fancy cupcakes! The cupcake wrappers almost look like that corrugated paper and I love the pop of red! I love the repeating pattern of the cupcakes too!

Marybeth said...

Wow you sure cut out a lot , but why not they cut like butter. This is a fun and happy card Cathy!

Cathy, this card is just so stunning. I love your choice of color too and that red love just pops off your amazing card.

cbuswell said...

Fabulous card, I love the cupcake background! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Such a cute design...love all those sweet cupcakes! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

What a fun and clever design! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! Chupa xxx

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting