Case Study Challenge #122

I have just a few more days of vacation left and I instead of cleaning the house or doing laundry,  I spent the day the best way I knowhow...making a card.  Today I am playing along with Case Study Challenge #122, their last challenge of 2012.  This time they have a beautiful inspiration card made by Muse Windy Robinson that has so many great elements to draw ideas from.  Here is the card:

I was inspired by not only all of the pretty shades of purple, but also the flowers, the bow and the reference to seeds in the sentiment.

I used some patterned paper by Basic Grey (Indie Bloom and Two Scoops).  I stamped a large Daisy Seed Packet from Serendipity Stamps, distressed the edges, added some tea-dye, coloring with copics and popped it up on a Spellbinder label.  I dug around in my ribbon box and found some lavender leaf trim and wove it around the two corners of the seed packet.  I tied a bow and added some flowers by
 I Am Roses.  The sentiment is from Serendipity Stamps (Thank You, casual small).  The last touch were some Pearl Flower Shaped stick pins.  Here's a link to the Case Study Challenge blog, you still have time to create your own card, the challenge runs for two weeks.  
Daisy Seed Packet

Thank You Casual, small
**Serendipity Stamps has a new challenge blog now too.  This week's challenge is Winter Birthday and runs until Sunday, Jan. 6.  You have the chance to win $20 off your next Serendipity order.  Here's the link with all the details...lots of fun!

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Cathy, this is just so pretty. I love all the layers and dimension you added. Your patterned papers and colors are just beautiful. I'd say you were channeling Jeanne when you made this card. Soft and beautiful.

This is really beautiful Cathy. The Seed packet stamp is so pretty. The purple with the green ribbon is perfect.

Jeanne J said...

Wow Cathy! I wasn't expecting this one! I love all the color you packed in here it goes perfect with the garden flowers stamp you used. This was a feast for my eyes - just like a garden in winter!

Mynnette said...

What a beautiful vintage card! GORGEOUS use of embellishments and fabulous coloring and patterns! I hope you have a chance to come and join us this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday! We've got prizes, a giveaway, and a DT call!!! :)

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh , you keep coming up with stamps that I have not seen. I thought I saw them all.
This is a gorgeous stamp from Serendipity! Wow what a gorgeous card Cathy! Just beautiful! I love everything you have done to this show stopper. Love the purples too! Enjoy your last few days off. Good idea to let the other stuff go for a while it will be there when you are ready :)

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Cathy! Beautiful image and you picked the most wonderful colors--love the green and purple! The lavender leaf trim is a great accent too! Glad you are able to enjoy the remainder of your time off--enjoy!!!

How beautiful! Lovely color combination and that vintage seed packet image is delightful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Kristen said...

I've always loved seed packets, and this one is no exception! Very cute and great color choices :)

xo, Kristina
visiting from CASE study challenge
Hope you can stop by to say hello :)
www.pearlgateway.com

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting